Sunday 3 August 2008

Oh! The Irony Of It...

I was invited to a music quiz at the pub earlier by a friend from Uni. I said I'd ask my parents for a lift (curse me && my inability to successfully operate an automobile!) && get back to her. The asking part went alright...it was just the parents that got in the way.

Answer me this; if your daughter asked for a lift, what would be the first thing you would do? Yes, that's right - have a bottle of wine! Ok, so that's that then. No trip to the music quiz for this former social retard.

Cue this MMS from friend at pub:
"This is what you're missing!"
Except, wait a minute...I can't even open MMS messages on my phone, which means...I Have No Idea What I'm Missing! I've Missed It Again! Am I Never To Know The Nature Of What I Missed? I Missed The Thing I Was Forced To Miss By My Alcoholic Parents...I have to say that the irony has not been lost on me - That's for sure!

There's just one thing I'd like to clear up at this point:
My parents aren't alcoholics...just for the record. They never have been, && maybe not ever be.
They're just incredibly selfish.

(Unrelated topic: Character development has begun. May end up as novel. May end up as screenplay. Early stages, so may even end up in the bin.)

xXx

3 comments:

Michael said...

oy when you gonna update this?!

The Girl With The Broken Smile said...

Asap...Maybe Today Or Maybe Tomorrow.
Probably Not But Never Mind.
Got A New Poem About The Girl With The Broken Smile I Might Post On Here...(As It Seems To Be Her Home)
Patience Is A Virtue...
&&
It's Your Birthday!
(I'm Just Getting Together Some Witty Ideas && Jenna-isms

Michael said...

Well it all sounds spiffy, get it on up or feel the wrath of the impatient bombarding messages of a dissatisied reader who has no concept of punctuation or grammer!